asdocx with mrtab
mrtab is a community-contributed package written by Ben Jann. mrtab tabulates multiple responses which are stored as a set of variables. Users of asdocx have requested the addition of support for mrtab. Beginning with version 2.1.9, asdocx will now support mrtab, allowing users to export mrtab tables to Word, Excel, LaTeX, or HTML.
A slightly modified version of mrtab is available on the asdocx website, which is automatically downloaded when a user first uses mrtab with asdocx. The modification is done to extract only the output matrix from mrtab and send it to asdocx, no other changes are made. Using mrtab with asdocx is simple; simply add ‘asdocx as a prefix to the mrtab command. Here are few examples of using mrtab with asdocx.
It’s important to note that both mrtab and asdocx have the option of title(). In the one-way tables, mrtab uses it to label the multiple response set, while asdocx uses it to print the table title. To avoid this conflict, the mrtab “title()” option is reset to cnames(), that is column name.
* Load example dataset use http://fmwww.bc.edu/RePEc/bocode/d/drugs.dta, clear * asdocx with mrtab asdocx mrtab inco1-inco7, include cnames(Sources of income) /// title(Table: Multiple responses)
|Sources of income||Frequency||Percent of responses||Percent of cases|
|private support (partner,||226||12.83||23.25|
|public support (unemployment||607||34.47||62.45|
|housebreaking, theft, robbery||50||2.84||5.14|
* Two-way tables with tests asdocx mrtab crime1-crime5, include response(2 3) /// title(Crime (as victim)) nonames by(sex) column mtest(bonferroni)
|Sex of respondent
|use a weapon||4||22||26||1.754|
|*Pearson Chi2(1) / Bonferroni-adjusted p-values|
- tabmany – Table of multiple coded answers
- mrtab – One- and two-way tables of multiple responses
- tabcount – tabulates frequencies for up to 7 variables
- missings – Various utilities for managing missing values
- tabulate, tab1, tab2
Yearly license of asdocx is available at $9.99. Its life-time license is available at $49.99. With the asdocx membership, you get :
- Life-time license to use
- All future updates
- All premium templates / plugins.