asdocx: Export from Stata to Word, Excel, LaTeX & HTML Forums asdocx Forum Difference between asdoc and asdocx?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi. Thank you and hope you’re well. I made a purchase for the asdocx and thought it would be much more powerful compared with asdoc such as customization of tables exporting tables to excel and latex. However I still can’t do those things. Basically, when I compared “help asdoc” with “help asdocx,” I found that they are exactly the same. I was wondering if I am missing anything. Thank you very much in advance. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Dr. Attaullah Shah
    Keymaster

Hello Gregory
    Thanks for asking this question. I was planning to write something like this to highlight how asdocx differs from asdoc. asdocx is a huge project and it took several years. I am still working on it and hardly find time to write the help file. So I just renamed the asdoc help file because the basic syntax of both the program match. For a starter, you may read this online help, which is off course still incomplete.

There are several major differences bettween asdoc and asdocx. The Following table highlights few of them.

Features asdoc asdocx
    RTF output
    Native docx output
    Excel Output
    LaTeX output
    Flexmat Support
    Template Support
    Graphs and Chart
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.