asdocx: Export from Stata to Word, Excel, LaTeX & HTML Forums asdocx Forum error -3621 when exporting graph with asdocx in Stata

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Good day, sir, and I hope you are well. I have been enjoying the capabilities of asdocx in STATA. However, I encountered a recurrent problem and hoped you could help me in resolving it. When I export a chart to MS Word the first time, it’s successful, but when I export another one, it gives me an error code Error saving file: -3621. It doesn’t export the file even if I add the replace option. Do you know the solution? Thank you as I wait for your response.

Dr. Attaullah Shah
    Keymaster

Thanks for your feedback and appreciation. When I am using the following example, I do not get the mentioned error. Can you please update asdocx and try it again?
    asdocx_update

Further, if the problem persists, then you should try changing the folder. The problem is possibly caused by a Dropbox / Google Drive / etc.

Yet, if none of the above works, then you may kindly send the data and code so that i can replicate the issue at my end.

Sam Chukwu
    Participant

Sir, let me provide details of the problem. I used an example dataset with STATA. I used the cancer study. I gave the first command, “asdocx graph pie, over(drug),” and the file saved in MS word. I then added some options to the previous command,

asdocx graph pie, over(drug) bgcolor(white) graphregion(color(white))

and it gave the error code, “Error saving file: -3621”. However, when I deleted the MS word file and ran the second command, it produces the chart in an MS word file. So, it seems that if asdocx produces an MS word file, altering the command that produces the file does not allow it to save the subsequent files except if you delete the original file. Can you look at it, sir? Thank you.

Dr. Attaullah Shah
    Keymaster

The error occurs when you are trying to write more contents to the file with asdocx and the file is open in MS Word. When writing with asdocx, try to close the file first.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.