asdocx: Export from Stata to Word, Excel, LaTeX & HTML Forums asdocx Forum How to sort by total in asdocx tabulate command.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Thank Dr Shah,

I purchased and setup asdocx already,
    I run a command:
    asdocx tabulate hospitalname dischartype

The result show data sort by name of hospital, not by total case.
    How can I add sort by total value option to asdocx tabulate command.

Many thanks,

Ha Thai Son

Dr. Attaullah Shah
    Keymaster

Hello Ha Thai Son

I have added option sort with the tabulate command. To get the latest version, please type:

asdocx_update

See the following two examples:

asdocx tab rep78

----+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
      1 |Repair Record 1978              Freq.          Percent             Cum. 
    ----+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
      2 |1                                   2             2.90             2.90 
      3 |2                                   8            11.59            14.49 
      4 |3                                  30            43.48            57.97 
      5 |4                                  18            26.09            84.06 
      6 |5                                  11            15.94           100.00 
      7 |Total                              69           100.00                  
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Using option sort
    asdocx tab rep78, sort

1 |Repair Record 1978              Freq.          Percent             Cum. 
      2 |3                                  30            43.48            43.48 
      3 |4                                  18            26.09            69.57 
      4 |5                                  11            15.94            85.51 
      5 |2                                   8            11.59             97.1 
      6 |1                                   2             2.90              100 
      7 |Total                              69           100.00                  
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ha Thai Son
    Participant

Thank you Dr. Shah,

Ha Thai Son
    Participant

It work well in one variable tabulate command, but more than one var, those option has no effect.

Dr. Attaullah Shah
    Keymaster

You are right, I need to work on the tabulate two-ways command to accept the sort option. That will take a while.

Ha Thai Son
    Participant

I’m still waiting update version for sorting in cross-table tabulate command. Pls !

Dr. Attaullah Shah
    Keymaster

Hello Ha Thai Son
    asdocx follows the native Stata commands. I think option sort is not allowed in two-way tabulations

sysuse auto, clear

tab rep78 foreign, sort

option sort not allowed
    r(198);
    Ha Thai Son
    Participant

I try to run with tabsort, but it failed

Dr. Attaullah Shah
    Keymaster

Ha Thai Son
    tabsort is not a Stata official command, therefore, asdocx does not know about it. This program was written by Nick Cox and one has to install it. If you want to use asdocx with tabsort, here is the modified version of tabsort that uses asdocx inside its main body. If you run this modified tabsort, it will generate the asdocx output. To run it, you need to first copy and paste it in the C:/ado/plus/t folder or other Stata folders where Stata can find it. [Download the modified tabsort here]

* Load auto data
    sysuse auto, clear
    tabsort rep78
    -------------------------------------------------------
      1 |Repair Record 1978     Freq.     Percent        Cum. 
    ----+--------------------------------------------------
      2 |              3        30       43.48       43.48 
      3 |              4        18       26.09       69.57 
      4 |              5        11       15.94       85.51 
      5 |              2         8       11.59       97.10 
      6 |              1         2        2.90      100.00 
      7 |          Total        69      100.00             
    -------------------------------------------------------

* With two variables
     tabsort foreign rep78
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
      1 |       Car type6 Repair Record 1978                                     
    ----+----------------------------------------------------------------
      2 |              1           3     4     5     2     1    Total 
      3 |       Domestic          27     9     2     8     2          48 
      4 |        Foreign           3     9     9     0     0          21 
      5 |          Total          30    18    11     8     2          69 
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Since this is a very basic version of asdocx implementation, please do not expect much from it in terms of other asdocx options.

Ha Thai Son
    Participant

Thank Dr Shah, that what I need.
    I use MacOsX, so the path to ado folder is: /Applications/Stata/ado/base/t

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.