asdocx: Export from Stata to Word, Excel, LaTeX & HTML Forums asdocx Forum Nested regression suddenly not working

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

sysuse auto, replace
    asdocx reghdfe price weight lenght, absorb(make) nest

This results in the following error:
    <istmt>: 3499 asdocx_delete_closing_lines() not found

Dr. Attaullah Shah
    Keymaster

Please update asdocx and see if the problem is solved?

asdocx_update
    Jaemin Lee
    Participant

I’m seeing the same result with updated version.
    When I update using asdocx_update, I’m still seeing the August 5th version.

Aduba Joseph
    Participant

I face this problem almost all the time, especially at the most crucial time. And it is very embarrassing because once it starts, it stalls everything for the rest of the day and there is absolutely nothing one can do to correct it. Nother matter how many times you update the application, it doesn’t solve it. And should you return to the original “asdoc” the same problem will occur. Is there no way this can be permanently fixed? What can we do so we have don’t have to face this problem at all. It is disabling because am in an urgent situation where I need to bundle my nested regression table for a report and it suddenly stops working. I never had this problem when I was using “asdoc” alone with stata 14.2. Could it be that both asdoc and asdocx are having code-sharing problems or its a problem of stata 16 and 17 compatibility issues with asdoc and asdocx. Please, carefully look into this and help us deal with it once and for all.
    Thanks.

Dr. Attaullah Shah
    Keymaster

Sorry i I forgot to update the ado file, just updated it. Please update asdocx and see if the problem is solved?

Jaemin Lee
    Participant

The problem is solved.
    To mitigate any of these repeated problems, it would be really helpful to run a simple, quick test of regularly used functions (e.g., nested regression table) using small sized sample, whenever there is any update.

Thank you!

Aduba Joseph
    Participant

Fixed. Thanks for your hard work, @Dr. Attaulah Shah.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.