We launched www.OpenDoors.Pk back in 2009 for sharing class notes, slides, and quizzes with our students. With the passage of time, we gradually added more contents to the site. These included annual reports of the companies listed at the Pakistan Stock Exchange, monetary statistics, macroeconomic data, and much more. These contents attracted significant attention from all over Pakistan.
We received a large number of requests for additional data as well as for guidance on research methods. Responding to all such requests was simply not possible due to time and other constraints. Further, collecting additional data and updating existing data sets seemed impossible without getting paid help from others. Therefore, we decided to add a paid section to our website. The paid section of the website proved to be a life blood for the website.
Gradually, we added several paid services to the website. This website is an off-shoot of www.OpenDoors.Pk. We have the same motivation to serve the research community by offering a variety of services such as data management, guidance in statistical tools, and writing dedicated packages. Our group, StataProfessor, is led by Dr. Attaullah Shah. He has vast experience in research, student supervision, software development, and academic journals. His resume is given below:
About Dr. Attaullah Shah
My Curriculum Vitae [Download]
Post-Doc in Finance (2014) from University of Kentucky, USA.
PhD in Finance (2007-2010) from Muhammad Ali Jinnah University, Islamabad
MS in Finance (2004-2007) from Muhammad Ali Jinnah University, Islamabad
Master of Business Administration (2001-2003 major in Finance) Institute of Management Studies, UOP
B.com (1998-2000) from Gomal University D.I. Khan
D.com (1998) from Board of Technical Education Peshawar
S.S.C. (1996) from Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education Bannu
Microsoft Office Specialist Master [ see Certificate]
Best University Teacher Award 2014 conferred by the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan
HEC Approved Supervisor
Best Paper Award Received at INSPIRE International Conference 2014-Dubai
Nominated for HEC-best-University teachers from IMSciences in 2010
MS Degree with distinction
First Position in MBA with CGPA 4.00 on the scale of 4.00
First Position in B.com from Gomal University; Qualified for Gold Medal.
Second Position in D.com II from B.T.E. Peshawar.
Selected International Publications
4. Shah, H. A., & Shah, A. (2016). The relationship between judicial efficiency and corporate cash holdings: An international study. Economic Modelling, 59, 448-462. [The Journal is listed in ISI Thompson Reuters JCR, impact factor = 1.4801, recognized by the HEC in W-category] https://doi.org/10.1016/j.econmod.2016.08.016
3. Naimat U.Khan, Qurat Ul Ain Shah Jehan and Attaullah Shah (2017), “Impact of taxation on dividend policy: Evidence from Pakistan” Research in International Business and Finance, Vol. 42, pp. 365-375 [Indexed in Scopus CiteScore = 1.80; ABDC ranking = B] http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0275531917304610
Selected papers published in HEC-recognized journals
9. Imran Riaz Malik and Attaullah Shah (2016), “Resumption of Single Stock Futures (SSFs) with Stringent Regulations and their Impact on the Risk Characteristics of the Underlying Stocks, Business & Economic Review, 8(2), 12–32 [Recognized by the HEC in Y-category] dx
Vol. 9, (January–December) pp. 81-106 [Download] [Recognized by the HEC in Y-category]
[Recognized by the HEC in Y-category]
14. Judicial Efficiency and Capital Structure Decisions. Perspective on Small Business Management and Entrepreneurship: INSPIRE International Conference: Duabi Feb 7-8, 2014.
13. Firm Performance and the Nature of Agency Problems in Insiders-Controlled Firms: Evidence from Pakistan, 28th Annual General Meeting and Conference of Pakistan Society of Development Economists, Isamabad, November 13-15, 2012
12. Lead-Lag Relationship and Directional Asymmetry in Stock Returns of Small and Large Portfolios: Evidence from the Karachi Stock Exchange, 4th South Asian International conference (SAICON-2012) Bhurban, December 05-07, 2012
11. Free Cash Flow, Ownership Structure & Firm Performance: Evidence from Pakistan, 4th South Asian International conference (SAICON-2012) Bhurban, December 05-07, 2012
10. Managerial Stock Ownership and the Maturity Structure of Corporate Debt: Empirical Evidence from Pakistan, 4th South Asian International conference (SAICON-2012) Bhurban, December 05-07, 2012
9. Corporate Ownership Structures and Dividend Announcement Effects: Evidence From Pakistan, Eurasia Business and Economics Society (EBES)-Istanbul, May 24-26, 2012
8. Impact of Judicial Efficiency on Debt-Maturity Structure: Evidence from Judicial Districts of Pakistan, 27th AGM Conference of the PSDE, Islamabad December 13-15, 2011
7. Are Large Industries Informationally Efficient? SIBR Conference, Bangkok Thailand (June 16-18, 2011)
6. The Relationship between Real Exchange Rate and Interest Rate Differentials, 4th Asia Pacific Business Research Conference (April 8-10 2011), Kula Lampur Malaysia
5. The Effect of Family Ownership on Firm Performance: Empirical Evidence from Pakistan. 14th Annual Business Research Conference (2011), Dubai UAE
4. Corporate Cash Holdings: Determinants and Implications, Second International Conference of AGBA-South Asia Chapter (2010). Islamabad, Pakistan
3. Simplicity Vs Accuracy: The Case of CAPM and Fama and French Model, Second International Conference of AGBA-South Asia Chapter (December 28-29, 2010). Islamabad, Pakistan
2. The Determinants of Capital Structure of Stock Exchange-Listed Non-Financial Firms in Pakistan, 20th PSDE Annual Conference January 10-12, 2005, Islamabad, Pakistan
1. The Empirical Investigation of Debt-Maturity Structure: Evidence from Pakistan, 25th PSDE AGM and Conference March 16-18, 2010, Islamabad, Pakistan.