Publication quality regression tables with asdoc in Stata – video example

Publication quality regression tables with asdoc in Stata – video example

Category:asdoc Tags :

Creating publication-quality tables in Stata with asdoc is as simple as adding asdoc to Stata commands as a prefix. asdoc can create two types of regression tables. The first type (call it detailed) is the detailed table that combines key statistics from the Stata’s regression output with some additional statistics such as mean and standard deviation of the dependent variable etc. This table is the default option in asdoc. The second table is a compact table that nests more than one regressions in one table (call it nested).

In this video post, I show how to use asdoc to produce the following nested table.

Nicole Martin

June 8, 2018at 10:33 pm

Firstly, thank you for making your Stata package available – it’s really speeding up my workflow compared to the other options available. I’m writing to make a suggestion that you consider adding an option that value labels can be reported in regression tables as well as variable labels.

Many thanks, and best wishes,

Emily

August 1, 2018at 1:36 am

Can ” asdoc” export the OR and 95% CI from logistic regression analysis?

August 1, 2018at 2:03 am

Dear Emily
    Version 2.0 of asdoc will have this option.

Eric

August 16, 2018at 7:00 pm

asdoc is an amazing service to the field. Appreciate it very much. Like Nicole, I would love a labels option for regression outputs. That function works great for asdoc sum, but would be of great value in this function too.

Thanks again.

August 16, 2018at 9:37 pm

Dear Eric and Nicole, thanks for your suggestions. I am exploring the suggested possibilities. Since version 2 of asdoc is almost ready, I may come up with label option in version 3 or version 2.1.

Sher Khan

September 10, 2018at 11:39 am

Appreciate for your great work ,thank you for making your Stata package available – it’s really speeding up my workflow and saved time. Honestly , i learned a lot .
i asked one question Can asdoc command used for advance Dynamic Model ? e.g asdoc reg .. How to used for Dynamic Model to create tables ? Your response with this regard is highly appreciated

September 10, 2018at 2:24 pm

Sher Khan, can you tell which specific Stata command are you referring to?

Mike

September 18, 2018at 5:26 am

I am excited to see this! However, I have a question. What would the code be if we want to put several models into the same table with different IVs but the same DV? So, say in the first model I want to include IV1, in the second model IV2, and so forth. But in model 6 I want to include IVs1-IVs5. What would this code look like if I’m nesting my model?

September 18, 2018at 2:52 pm

Dear Mike
    Let us say that our dependent variable is DV and our independent variables are named IV1, IV2, IV3, IV4, IV5, and IV6. You have asked that what if we run a separate regression on each independent variable and then include all independent variables in one model at the end. Then our codes would be

asdoc reg DV IV1, replace nest cnames(IV1)
    asdoc reg DV IV2,  nest cnames(IV2)
    asdoc reg DV IV3,  nest cnames(IV3)
    asdoc reg DV IV4,  nest cnames(IV4)
    asdoc reg DV IV5,  nest cnames(IV5)
    asdoc reg DV IV6,  nest cnames(IV6)
    asdoc reg DV IV1-IV6, nest cnames(all)

Justin

October 11, 2018at 1:56 pm

This is a wonderful tool! Thank you so much for making this available.

I see asdoc v2.0 allows ORs from ologit in the detailed table output. Is it possible to display ORs in the nested table output as well?

October 11, 2018at 4:41 pm

Justin: I missed the option eform when coding the nest option. Hopefully, I shall add it in the next update

Justin

October 12, 2018at 4:15 pm

That would so fantastic. Being able to use the reporting options, nested ORs and 95% CIs especially, to get tables directly to Word would save me hours of table-copying.

October 12, 2018at 4:53 pm

Justin: You mean to report the 95% CIs instead of t-values or standard errors?

Justin

October 16, 2018at 5:35 pm

October 16, 2018at 7:48 pm

Justin: I have noted your suggestions and will consider them in future updates of the asdoc. Thanks.

12 + 5 =