Home Forums ASDOC : Easy Publication Quality Tables in Stata Asdoc shows error “t is not regulary spaced” and does not return table

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Dear all,

I am running a regression with a panel data structure (different countries and their changes in bond yields). However, I need to run time-series regressions for each country. At the moment I am running the following regression:

bysort CountryCode: asdoc newey chgn10y2d chgnCESI chng10y_L1 AnnQE AnnTa, lag(12) force

which returns the following `time is not regularly spaced’. Although I can click on myfile at the end, the link directs me to a webpage (http://myfile.doc/) in my browser.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to solve this problem?

Any hints are appreciated!

Best
    Nicolas

Attaullah Shah
    Keymaster

Hello Nick
    The error message that you are receiving is not from the asdoc command, it is from the newey command. The newey command throws this error when there are time series gaps in your data. However, you can use the force option to ignore the gaps. Since asdoc also has the force option, there was a contradiction. I have fixed it now, asdoc version 2.3.8.7 : Changes made on Sep 9, 2020.

The new version of asdoc can be installed from my site. Copy and paste the following line in Stata and press enter.

net install asdoc, from(http://fintechprofessor.com) replace

Please note that the above line has to be copied in full. After installation of the new version, then restart Stata.

asdocx is now available
    A more powerful and flexible version of asdoc is now available. I call it asdocx. You may like to check the details here

Please do remember to cite asdoc. To cite:

In-text citation
    Tables were created using asdoc, a Stata program written by Shah (2018).

Bibliography
    Shah, A. (2018). ASDOC: Stata module to create high-quality tables in MS Word from Stata output. Statistical Software Components S458466, Boston College Department of Economics.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.