Home Forums ASDOC : Easy Publication Quality Tables in Stata Help: Syntax error w/ asdoc sum

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi! I’m a big fan of asdoc and have had a lot of success with it. Today I tried to use asdoc sum, but I keep getting a syntax error that I can’t seem to fix (r(198)). I reinstalled the asdoc package but it hasn’t helped. Any suggestions?

Attaullah Shah
    Keymaster

Copy and paste the following line in Stata and press enter.
    net install asdoc, from(http://fintechprofessor.com) replace

Please note that the above line has to be copied in full. After installation of the new version, then restart Stata.

asdocx is now available
    A more powerful and flexible version of asdoc is now available. I call it asdocx. You may like to check the details here

Please do remember to cite asdoc. To cite:

In-text citation
    Tables were created using asdoc, a Stata program written by Shah (2018).

Bibliography
    Shah, A. (2018). ASDOC: Stata module to create high-quality tables in MS Word from Stata output. Statistical Software Components S458466, Boston College Department of Economics.

NE

Thanks for responding. I tried doing that and even restarted my computer, but it’s still not working. I tried creating a regression table and it worked, so it seems like there’s something about the summarize command that’s not working? I tried both asdoc sum, asdoc summarize, and even asdoc summ, but I’m still getting the syntax error. What now?

NE

Hello again! I have been able to make it work by selecting a limited number of variables. I think it may have been having difficulty summarizing all the variables, as it is quite a large dataset with over 70 variables. Thank you for your help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.