Home Forums ASDOC : Easy Publication Quality Tables in Stata tabulate with column option in asdoc | Stata

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Dear Attaullah,

Hope this email finds you well. I am using your asdoc package and I needed some help with some commands that aren’t working for me:

When I am using
    asdoc tabulate x y, column

I am getting an error message to say “option col not allowed” – is there a problem why the column option is not allowed?

Also when I am using asdoc tabulate or asdoc tab it is not letting me add in the title command

Any help you can give will be appreciated?

Many thanks

Ashma

Attaullah Shah
    Keymaster

Thanks for reporting this. I have fixed the bug.

The new version of asdoc can be installed from my site. Copy and paste the following line in Stata and press enter.

net install asdoc, from(http://fintechprofessor.com) replace

Please note that the above line has to be copied in full. After installation of the new version, then restart Stata.

Please do remember to cite asdoc. To cite:

In-text citation

Tables were created using asdoc, a Stata program written by Shah (2018).

Bibliography

Shah, A. (2018). ASDOC: Stata module to create high-quality tables in MS Word from Stata output. Statistical Software Components S458466, Boston College Department of Economics.

mxc

I installed the new version, restarted Stata, and I keep having the same error:

. asdoc tabulate feelinputdecagr  Genero , column  replace 
    option col not allowed
    r(198);

It does not even allow me to update:
    . ssc install asdoc, update
    option update not allowed

Attaullah Shah
    Keymaster

Hello MXC
    I have fixed this issue. The current version of asdoc is

Version 2.3.8.6 : Changes made on Sep 4, 2020 

The new version of asdoc can be installed from my site. Copy and paste the following line in Stata and press enter.

net install asdoc, from(http://fintechprofessor.com) replace

Please note that the above line has to be copied in full. After installation of the new version, then restart Stata.

asdocx is now avaialble
    A more powerful and flexible version of asdoc is now available. I call it asdocx. You may like to check the details here

Please do remember to cite asdoc. To cite:

In-text citation
    Tables were created using asdoc, a Stata program written by Shah (2018).

Bibliography
    Shah, A. (2018). ASDOC: Stata module to create high-quality tables in MS Word from Stata output. Statistical Software Components S458466, Boston College Department of Economics.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.